Bringing Insight And Experience To Your Legal Needs
Gregory L. Heidt
ATTORNEY AT LAW
I am a lifelong resident of Erie, Pennsylvania having attended Strong Vincent High School. I did my undergraduate work at Washington and Jefferson College where I was on the debate and tennis teams. I then obtained my Juris Doctorate from the University of Toledo. I am admitted to practice in Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. I've argued before the Pennsylvania Supreme and Superior Court as well as the Third Circuit.
Upon returning to Erie, I was In House counsel for Security Peoples Trust Company for three years, followed by five years as a Staff Attorney at the Erie County Public Defender's Office. Ever since, I have been in private practice for 40 plus years and have practiced in the following counties: Erie, Crawford, Warren, Elk, Cameron, McKean, Jefferson, Clarion, Butler and Allegheny. I am also a trained Collaborative Lawyer and will utilize Collaborative Law alternative dispute resolution services when appropriate and selected by the client.
Previously, I was a long time member and chairperson of the board of directors for Serenity Hall, a local drug and alcohol treatment facility as well as a coach in the MYAA girls' softball program. I remain an active member of the Erie County Bar Association.
I was the recipient of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s 2019 Jeffrey A. Ernico award for pro-bono services. I was previously recognized in 1999 by the Erie County Bar Association for my pro bono work.
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- Juris Doctorate
- Strong Vincent High School
- Washington and Jefferson College
- Member and Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Serenity Hall
- Coach, MYAA girls’ softball program
- Security Peoples Trust Company, In House Counsel
- Erie County Public Defender’s Office, Staff Attorney
- PA Bar Association, Member
- Erie County Bar Association, Member
Current Employment Position
- Sole Practitioner
- Pennsylvania Bar Association’s 2019 Jeffrey A. Ernico award for pro-bono services
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Family Law
- Pennsylvania, 1975
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania, 1976